March 16, 2021
Our twist on an old classic is in celebration of our exciting, new Clotted Cream ice cream range, made with Rodda’s Cornish Clotted Cream. We will soon be releasing this delicious range of clotted cream ice cream, but for now we can give you a sneaky preview of one of our flavours, we hope you enjoy our Eton Mess Sundae with our new Peach Melba ice cream!
For the meringue
1. Preheat the oven to 120C/100C Fan/Gas ½ and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Separate the egg whites from the yolks, place the egg whites into the bowl add the lemon juice and whisk until you get soft peaks.
3. Gradually add the caster sugar. Once all of the sugar has been added, continue to beat for 2 minutes until stiff and glossy.
4. Spread the meringue mixture over the lined baking sheet in a thin and even layer, bake for 2 hours until crisp.
5. Allow to cool completely before removing the meringue from the paper and breaking into pieces.
6. Here you can’t go wrong, grab your preferred glassware and add the strawberries, raspberries, scoops of Yorvale ice cream, spoonfuls of whipped double cream and meringue pieces in any way you wish
7. Sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy!
Fancy giving this recipe a try? Make sure you tag us in your creation @yorvaleltd and use hashtag #LoveYorvale
Our new Clotted Cream ice cream range, made with Rodda’s Cornish Clotted Cream, will be available shortly. To register your interest in stocking this product please click here.Back to Blog